BRB launches Sempure 1814 emulsion for the hydrophobic treatment of mineral wool insulating materials and low-density bulk fireproofing materials.
BRB Sempure 1814 is a non-ionic 60% active aqueous emulsion containing a reactive silicone oil, specially designed emulsion for the hydrophobic treatment of :
- Glass wool and mineral wool insulating materials such as in the manufacturing process of fiberglass boards and mats.
- Low-density bulk fireproofing materials such as perlite or vermiculite
BRB Sempure 1814 brings the following key benefits:
- Retains hydrophobicity on glass, mineral wool, perlite or vermiculite, even after processing at high temperatures
- Compatible with most phenolic resin binder solutions
- Superior water repellency as compared to a standard silicone emulsion, even at low addition rates
- Especially efficient where elevated application temperatures occur
- Performance achieved without changing the process nor the binder treatment
For more information, please enquire from your BRB contact.